Notice of Construction to the Residents of West Hollywood – April 2022
Dear Resident/Business Owner,
Sully-Miller Contracting has been contracted by the City of West Hollywood to perform roadway improvements in your neighborhood. This work will consist of the removal and replacement of concrete sidewalks, curb and gutter, driveways, asphalt roadway pavement, ADA curb ramps, traffic signals and implementing new streetlights and pedestrian lights, landscaping, benches, trash cans, and bike racks. This notice is to inform you that construction will begin in May 2022 with a duration of approximately one year.
The project limits are between San Vicente Boulevard and Croft Avenue on Melrose Avenue. In an effort to reduce impacts on the entire project boundary for the total duration, the project will be constructed in two (2) stages, starting on the west end and working towards the east. Each stage will take approximately six (6) months. Working hours are from 8:00AM – 5:00PM, Monday – Friday. No construction will take place at night, during weekends, or on holidays unless otherwise notified.
- During construction, parking restrictions will be implemented in the immediate area of the construction zone to ensure safety. Additional public parking will be available at the City’s structure located at 625 N. San Vicente Boulevard.
- During construction, there will be one single lane in each direction giving access to through traffic at the designated work zone(s) along Melrose Avenue.
- Traffic delays and other minor inconveniences will be mitigated during construction.
- Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained at all times.
- Vehicle access will be maintained unless when physically impeded with trenches. In these instances, proper notification will be given.
- Traffic control and “Temporary No Parking” signs for dates of construction will be posted at a minimum of 48 hours prior to work beginning on each phase.
- Water, sewer, and trash service will be maintained as normal unless you are notified at a later date.
Also, we would like to request the following:
- Do not allow water to run on the roadway.
- Do not enter the limits of construction under any circumstances.
- Do not place trash cans or other debris in the construction zone – your trash, recycling, and green waste bins will be picked up as usual, unless otherwise notified.
As construction moves forward, you will continue to receive notifications alerting you when, where, and what construction activities are planned. Construction updates will also be posted on the project specific website www.WeHoDesignDistrictStreetscape.com, where you can also sign up to stay informed on project information. We regret any inconvenience that this work may cause you and we thank you for your cooperation in assisting us in making these improvements in your neighborhood.