We can’t wait to celebrate the Design District’s 75th anniversary after Melrose Avenue Streetscape’s final construction activities!
Goals of the Master Plan
- Strengthen the economic vitality of the District by improving the pedestrian environment
- Add bicycle infrastructure, public gathering spaces, and landscaping.
- Improve the overall aesthetics and utility of the streets.
- Improve traffic safety while encouraging walking and cycling throughout the district.
WeHo Design District Streetscape Project Features
- Expanded, pedestrian friendly sidewalks
- New paved streets
- New LED energy efficient streetlights
- In-Roadway lighting at crosswalks
- Electric Vehicle charging
- Larger marketing banners
- Improved bus shelters
- Unique landscaping and tree planting
- Gathering Spaces
Final Construction Activities
- Irrigation system & testing: Late Sept. 2023
- Decorative sidewalk sandblasting: Late Sept. 2023
- Landscape planting: Begin early Oct. 2023
- Fiber optic cabling & splicing: Begin early Oct. 2023
- Benches & bike racks: Begin early Nov. 2023
- Final asphalt grinding, paving, striping: Nov. 2023